The York County Foster Care Collaborative (YCFCC) is working to make a brighter future for youth in foster care in York County. The vision of the YCFCC is that young people in York County are supported in an ongoing way from the moment they enter the foster care system and beyond their transition out of it.
The York County Foster Care Collaborative brings together a diverse representation of community members to create lasting, community-based solutions that ensure all youth are supported as they transition from foster care into adulthood. We are comprised of youth, Office of Child and Family Services staff, and community members, such as foster parents, police, educators, and other interested community partners.
Who is involved
- Youth currently or formerly in foster care
- Jobs for Maine’s Graduates
- Upward Bound @ USM
- Department of Health and Human Services-Office of Child and Family Services
- Goodwill of Northern New England Workforce Solutions
- Bonanza Steak House
- United Way of York County contact: Barb Wentworth
- Youth Leadership Advisory Team
- York County Community College
- Sanford Adult Education
- Maine’s Dept of Labor Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Muskie School of Public Service contact: Marty Zanghi